Small business leaders face the ongoing challenge of keeping the sales pipeline full.
With the increasing dependence on the Internet as a leads, sales source this becomes a vexing problem heightened by the need to update the company’s online presence.
Kathryn Achenbach of Table XI offers these six ways of generating more visitor engagement.
- Longer, keyword-rich product descriptions increase visibility among search engines while capturing a brand’s irreverent style and voice.
- More customization options and a user-friendly, graphic interface will make it quick and easy for shoppers to navigate the site and find the products they want.
- Swap product images for ones that feature real people wearing or using the merchandise, evoking a sense of fun and community.
- Give every product a page of its own; new product pages help promote items not previously available online.
- A one-page checkout process streamlines purchasing, leading to greater sales conversions.
- Facebook and Twitter buttons increase social interaction and help draw attention to social media promotions.